Biocompatible Material with Superior Strength
PC-ISO (polycarbonate-ISO), an industrial thermoplastic, which in its raw state, is biocompatible (ISO 10993 USP Class VI)* and can be gamma or EtO sterilized. PC-ISO is commonly used in food and drug packaging and medical device manufacturing because of the material’s strength and medical compatibility.
- Biocompatible (ISO 10993 USP Class VI )1 material.
- Sterilizable using gamma radiation or ethylene oxide (EtO) sterilization methods.
- Best fit for applications requiring higher strength and sterilization.
Get More Information
- Full name: polycarbonate – ISO 10993 USP Class VI biocompatible
- Colours: white translucent natural
- Layer Thickness: 0.013 inch (0.330 mm), 0.010 inch (0.254 mm), and 0.007 inch (0.178 mm)
- Support Structure: BASS, Soluble
- Tensile Strength: 8,265 psi (57 MPa)
- Tensile Elongation: 4.3%
- Flexural Stress: 13,089 psi (90 MPa)
- IZOD Impact, notched: 1.6 ft-lb/in (86 J/m)
- Heat Deflection: 271°F (133°C)