Strong Engineering Thermoplastic
A true industrial thermoplastic, PC (polycarbonate) is widely used in automotive, aerospace, medical and many other applications. PC offers accuracy, durability and stability, creating strong parts that withstand functional testing.
A PC part is 5-60 percent stronger than a part made on previous FDM systems. It also has superior mechanical properties to ABS and a number of other thermoplastics.
- Biocompatible (ISO 10993 USP Class VI ) material.
- Ideal for demanding prototyping needs, tooling and fixtures, and patterns for metal bending and composite work.
- Sterilizable using gamma radiation or ethylene oxide (EtO) sterilization methods.
- Best fit for applications requiring higher strength and sterilization.
- Breakaway or soluble support materials are available for PC.
Get More Information
- Full name: polycarbonate
- Colours: white
- Layer Thickness: 0.013 inch (0.330 mm), 0.010 inch (0.254 mm), and 0.007 inch (0.178 mm)
- Support Structure: BASS, Soluble
- Tensile Strength: 9,800 psi (68 MPa)
- Tensile Elongation: 6.0%
- Flexural Stress: 15,100 psi (104 MPa)
- IZOD Impact, notched: 1.0 ft-lb/in (53 J/m)
- Heat Deflection: 280°F (138°C)