High Performance Material
ULTEM 9085 is a flame retardant high performance thermoplastic for direct digital manufacturing and rapid prototyping. It is ideal for the transportation industry due to its high strength-to-weight ratio and its FST (flame, smoke, and toxicity) rating.
This unique material’s preexisting certifications make it an excellent choice for the commercial transportation industry – especially aerospace, marine and ground vehicles.
- FST (flame, smoke, toxicity) certified thermoplastic.
- High heat and chemical resistance; highest tensile and flexural strength.
- Ideal for commercial transportation applications in airplanes, buses, trains, boats, etc.
Get More Information
- Full Name: polyetherimide
- Colours: tan or black
- Layer Thickness: 0.013 inch (0.330 mm), and 0.010 inch (0.254 mm)
- Support Structure: BASS
- Tensile Strength: 10,390 psi (72 MPa)
- Tensile Elongation: 5.9%
- Flexural Stress: 16,700 psi (115 MPa)
- IZOD Impact, notched: 2.0 ft-lb/in (106 J/m)
- Heat Deflection: 333°F (167°C)